Please wait

Freephone: 0800 023 8350

Telephone: 01438 229 655

Mobile: 07961 147 476

Menu

Freephone: 0800 023 8350
Telephone: 01438 229 655
Mobile: 07961 147 476
enquiries@tjcoppingroofing.com

A 4th generation family run business

Roofing services in Islington including flat roofing, tiled roofing, slate roofing - Islington Roofer T. J. Copping Ltd

Our scores are based on 354 reviews
(each score is out of 10)

Reliability and timekeeping

9.95

Tidiness

9.88

Courtesy

9.92

Workmanship

9.91

Invoice history is based on 299 reviews

Charged as per quote

96.32 %

Above quote (kept informed)

3.68 %

Checks carried out by Checkatrade

  • Interviewed by Checkatrade
  • Insurance checked
  • Limited company checked
  • Address checked
  • Checkatrade standard signed
  • 1 accreditation checked
  • ID checked
  • References checked

Some Islington History

Some roads on the edge of Islington, including Essex Road, were known as streets by the medieval period, possibly indicating a Roman origin, but little physical evidence remains. What is known is that the Great North Road from Aldersgate came into use in the 14th century, connecting with a new turnpike up Highgate Hill. This was along the line of modern Upper Street, with a toll gate at The Angel defining the extent of the village. The Back Road, the modern Liverpool Road, was primarily a drovers road where cattle would be rested before the final leg of their journey to Smithfield. Pens and sheds were erected along this road to accommodate the animals.

The first recorded church, St Marys, was erected in the twelfth century and was replaced in the fifteenth century. Islington lay on the estates of the Bishop of London and the Dean and Chapter of St Pauls. There were substantial medieval moated manor houses in the area, principally at Canonbury and Highbury. In 1548, there were 440 communicants listed and the rural atmosphere, with access to the City and Westminster, made it a popular residence for the rich and eminent. The local inns, however, harboured many fugitives.

The Royal Agricultural Hall was built in 1862 on the Liverpool Road site of William Dixons Cattle Layers. The hall was 75 ft high and the arched glass roof spanned 125 ft. It was built for the annual Smithfield Show in December of that year but was popular for other purposes, including recitals and the Royal Tournament. It was the primary exhibition site for London until the 20th century and the largest building of its kind, holding up to 50,000 people. It was requisitioned for use by the Mount Pleasant sorting office during World War II and never opened again. The main hall has now been incorporated into the Business Design Centre.

T. J. Copping Ltd are based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire and cover North London, the Home Counties and all surrounding areas.

We are equipped to cater for all your roofing requirements, our services include:

  • Any new roof work and repair work
  • Domestic and commercial roofing services
  • Slating and tiling
  • Flat roofs (single ply membrane and high-performance torch-on felt)
  • Lead work, Bays, valleys, parapets, flashings and box gutters
  • Cement work (verges and chimney stacks)
  • Fascias, soffits and guttering
  • Insurance work
  • Repairs and maintenance such as slipped slates, broken tiles, leaking gutters and overhauls.

We also have public liability insurance and our staff are all fully qualified, so you can rest assured that you are dealing with a reputable company. Thanks to our many years of experience we have amassed a large base of satisfied customers. Many of our past customers are so happy with our work they recommend our services to their friends and family. Our customers recognise that we are a company that can be trusted to complete the job to a high standard and within the set timescale.

Freephone: 0800 023 8350

Telephone: 01438 229 655

Mobile: 07961 147 476

Company No.: 10300026

Copyright © 2015 T. J. Copping Ltd