Please wait

Freephone: 0800 023 8350

Telephone: 01438 229 655

Mobile: 07961 147 476

Menu

Freephone: 0800 023 8350
Telephone: 01438 229 655
Mobile: 07961 147 476
enquiries@tjcoppingroofing.com

A 4th generation family run business

Roofing Services Wembley | Roofer Wembley | Roof Repair Wembley | Flat Roof Repair Wembley

Our scores are based on 354 reviews
(each score is out of 10)

Reliability and timekeeping

9.95

Tidiness

9.88

Courtesy

9.92

Workmanship

9.91

Invoice history is based on 299 reviews

Charged as per quote

96.32 %

Above quote (kept informed)

3.68 %

Checks carried out by Checkatrade

  • Interviewed by Checkatrade
  • Insurance checked
  • Limited company checked
  • Address checked
  • Checkatrade standard signed
  • 1 accreditation checked
  • ID checked
  • References checked

T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are a family owned roofing company who have been successfully trading since 1960. Their desire to offer a quality roofing service with competitive rates is as strong today as it's always been.

T. J. Copping Ltd have many satisfied customers in and around the Wembley area.

A little history about Wembley

The name Wembley comes from the Old English name Wemba and the Old English Lea for meadow or clearing. The name was first mentioned in the charter of 825 of Selvin. King Beornwulf.

Wembley landmarks

Wembley has the prime landmark of Wembley Stadium, which was rebuilt in 2003-2007 at a cost of £827 million, which is approached via the White Horse Bridge designed by the London Eye architects. Close by is the Wembley Arena, a concert venue built in 1934 as the Empire Pool, a swimming pool for the Empire Games, and Fountain Studios, one of the countrys largest purpose built television studios and host to X Factor, Bremner and Britains Got Talent. Brent Town Hall is a Grade 2 listed building located on Barn Hill facing Wembley Stadium; its future is uncertain due to plans to move the town hall function, including council chamber, to a new civic centre as part of the Wembley redevelopment.

St. Andrews Presbyterian Church in the centre of Wembley was built in 1904. Construction was of brick and the design was influenced by the Arts and Crafts Movement. It was listed as a Grade II building in 1993. The church was converted into the Central Mosque Wembley in the late 1990s.

Brent has its only English Heritage blue plaque on Forty Lane in Wembley, it commemorates the comedian and entertainer Arthur Lucan.

Wembley village

The village of Wembley grew up on the hill by the clearing with the Harrow Road to the south. Most of the surrounding area remained wooded. In 1547 there were only six houses in Wembley. Though small, it was one of the wealthiest parts of Harrow. At the time of the dissolution of the monasteries in 1543, the manor of Wembley fell to Richard Andrews and Leonard Chamberlayne, who sold it to Richard Page, Esq., of Harrow on the Hill, the same year. The Page family continued as lords of the manor of Wembley for several centuries.

In 1837, the London and Birmingham Railway, which is now part of the West Coast Main Line, was opened from London Euston through Wembley to Hemel Hempstead, and completed to Birmingham the following year. The changing names of the local station demonstrated the increasing importance of the Wembley name. Sudbury station opened in 1845 and was renamed as Sudbury and Wembley in 1882, then renamed as Wembley for Sudbury in 1910, then renamed again as Wembley Central in 1948, at the time of the Olympic Games.

Electric trains to London Euston began running in 1922. Since 1917, there have been six platforms at what is now Wembley Central station. In 1880, the Metropolitan Railway opened its line from Baker Street through the eastern side of Wembley, but only built a station, Wembley Park, in 1894. There are now three physically separate services, the London to Aylesbury Line, the Metropolitan line, and the Jubilee line. Only the latter two services have platforms at Wembley Park station.

Wembley Hill station was renamed Wembley Complex in May 1978, before getting its present name of Wembley Stadium in May 1987.

The area around the current Wembley Stadium was the location of the British Empire Exhibition of 1924-1925. Until the 2000s, remnants of the many reinforced concrete buildings, including the original Wembley Stadium, remained, but nearly all have now been removed to make way for redevelopment.

Wembley businesses

Wembley, like much of northwest London, had a good manufacturing industry, but much of it closed in the 1980s. Factories in the area included Glacier Metals, who made bearings, Wolf Power Tools, who are making a serious comeback in the UK market, Sunbeam Electrical Appliances, Griffin & George and their laboratory equipment and GEC, whose research laboratories were one of the first of their type in the United Kingdom.

The retail centre of Wembley has suffered from chronic traffic congestion and from the opening of neighbouring purpose built shopping centres, first Brent Cross in the early 1970s and later the Harrow and Ealing Broadway Shopping Centres. During the 1960s, rebuilding of Wembley Central station, a block of flats, an open plan shopping plaza, and a car park were constructed on a concrete raft over the railway.

The shopping plaza suffered a slow decline and was poorly maintained, but it is being redeveloped. The first phase, including construction of new homes and reconstruction of the plaza, has been completed.

Wembley housing tends to consist of inter war semi detached houses and terraces and of modern apartment blocks, with a significant minority of detached housing. Extensive redevelopment has occurred in the Wembley Park area, about a mile northeast from Wembley town centre.

So no matter what sort of roofing work you require, T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are always able to visit your Wembley property to offer a free, no obligation quote.

T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are always a phone call away and are happy to offer a thoroughly professional roofing service to their clients. With public liability insurance and a guarantee of a free, no obligation quotation, we really are the roofing company you can trust to get the job done.

Some of the specialist roofing services we carry out:

  • Any new roof work and repair work
  • Domestic and commercial roofing
  • Slating and tiling
  • Flat roofs (single ply membrane and high-performance torch-on felt)
  • Lead work, Bays, valleys, parapets, flashings and box gutters
  • Cement work (verges and chimney stacks)
  • Fascias, soffits and guttering
  • Insurance work
  • Repairs and maintenance such as slipped slates, broken tiles, leaking gutters and overhauls.

Further Information

If you would like to know more or are interested in a quote we would be happy to help. Phone us on 01438 229 655, email us at enquiries@tjcoppingroofing.com or fill in our contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Areas covered:

Freephone: 0800 023 8350

Telephone: 01438 229 655

Mobile: 07961 147 476

Company No.: 10300026

Copyright © 2015 T. J. Copping Ltd