Please wait

Freephone: 0800 023 8350

Telephone: 01438 229 655

Mobile: 07961 147 476

Menu

Freephone: 0800 023 8350
Telephone: 01438 229 655
Mobile: 07961 147 476
enquiries@tjcoppingroofing.com

A 4th generation family run business

Roofing Services Colindale | Roofer Colindale | Roof Repair Colindale | Flat Roof Repair Colindale

Our scores are based on 494 reviews
(each score is out of 10)

Reliability and timekeeping

9.94

Tidiness

9.87

Courtesy

9.93

Workmanship

9.91

Invoice history is based on 418 reviews

Charged as per quote

96.65 %

Above quote (kept informed)

3.35 %

Checks carried out by Checkatrade

  • Interviewed by Checkatrade
  • Insurance checked
  • Limited company checked
  • Address checked
  • Checkatrade standard signed
  • 1 accreditation checked
  • ID checked
  • References checked

T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are a family owned roofing company who have been successfully trading since 1960. Their desire to offer a quality roofing service with competitive rates is as strong today as it's always been.

T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists have many satisfied customers in and around the Colindale area.

A little history about Colindale

Colindale used to be in the borough and ancient parish of Hendon, the area was essentially the dale between Mill Hill and The Burroughs. By the middle of the 20th century, it had come to include that part of the Edgware Road between The Hyde and Burnt Oak.

Colindale is named after a 16th century family who had the same name. Until the 20th century, Colindale was without any buildings apart a large house called Colindale Lodge, Colindale Farm and a few cottages. All of these properties were on Colindeep Lane which had in the medieval period been an alternative route out of London to the Edgware Road. By the end of the 16th century it was not often used as a main road and by the middle part of the 19th century was called Ancient Street.

By the end of the 19th century, cheap land prices made Colindale sought after by developers. Colindale Hospital was opened in 1898 as an asylum for the long term sick of central London, and in 1907 The Government Lymph Establishment for making vaccines was built. By 1996 the majority of the hospital was closed, and by 2009 the building was more or less derelict.

Garstons Ltd started a trunk factory in 1901, as well as a row of cottages called Leatherville. This made them the first manufacturer in Colindale. By 1914 there was already housing between Colindale Avenue and Annesley Avenue, mostly to house the workers of local businesses.

Following the First World War a number of other manufacturing companies came to Colindale. Franco Illuminated Signs opened on Aerodrome Road in 1922, having made the lights for the Franco British Exhibition of 1908. Franco was best known for the neon signs seen in Piccadilly from the 1920s to the 1970s. Frigidaire started in Colindale too, they employed 11 people in 1923, and sold the first automatic household fridges in England.

The reason why many of these and other companies chose Colindale was that there was land available for expansion. However, by 1923, when the tube railway reached Colindale, land prices had increased and factory expansion was not so easy, so some industries looked elsewhere for premises. In 1931, Frigidaire decided to build a new manufacturing plant to the west and had moved its entire operations there by 1946.

After the Colindale tube station opened, development as a London suburb was swift, and by 1939 much of the western side was semi detached housing. Typical was the Colin Park Estate.

St Matthias started as a mission church in 1905 in Colindale. Its permanent building was opened in 1934, and rebuilt between 1971 and 1973. Colindale Infants School opened in Colindeep Lane in 1921, with a new building constructed in 1933. In 2011 the design and build for a new three form entry school was completed in Colindale.

In September 1940, Colindale tube station and the Newspaper Library were bombed. The site was visited by George VI and Queen Elizabeth. A V-1 flying bomb hit Colindale Hospital on 1 July 1944, killing four members of the Womens Auxiliary Air Force.

Hendon Tram Depot was the scene of the first trials in Britain of a trolleybus. This location eventually became Colindale Trolleybus Depot, from which route 645 operated until January 1962, when the depot was closed down and eventually demolished. Land behind the depot was used from 1959 to 1962 by the George Cohen 600 Group for scrapping the vast majority of Londons fleet of 1891 trolleybuses.

So no matter what sort of roofing work you require, T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are always able to visit your Colindale property to offer a free, no obligation quote.

T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are always a phone call away and are happy to offer a thoroughly professional roofing service to their clients. With public liability insurance and a guarantee of a free, no obligation quotation, we really are the roofing company you can trust to get the job done.

Some of the specialist roofing services we carry out:

  • Any new roof work and repair work
  • Domestic and commercial roofing
  • Slating and tiling
  • Flat roofs (single ply membrane and high-performance torch-on felt)
  • Lead work, Bays, valleys, parapets, flashings and box gutters
  • Cement work (verges and chimney stacks)
  • Fascias, soffits and guttering
  • Insurance work
  • Repairs and maintenance such as slipped slates, broken tiles, leaking gutters and overhauls.

Further Information

If you would like to know more or are interested in a quote we would be happy to help. Phone us on 01438 229 655, email us at enquiries@tjcoppingroofing.com or fill in our contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Areas covered:

Freephone: 0800 023 8350

Telephone: 01438 229 655

Mobile: 07961 147 476

Company No.: 10300026

Copyright © 2015 T. J. Copping Ltd