Please wait

Freephone: 0800 023 8350

Telephone: 01438 229 655

Mobile: 07961 147 476

Menu

Freephone: 0800 023 8350
Telephone: 01438 229 655
Mobile: 07961 147 476
enquiries@tjcoppingroofing.com

A 4th generation family run business

Roofing Services Burnt Oak | Roofer Burnt Oak | Roof Repair Burnt Oak | Flat Roof Repair Burnt Oak

Our scores are based on 494 reviews
(each score is out of 10)

Reliability and timekeeping

9.94

Tidiness

9.87

Courtesy

9.93

Workmanship

9.91

Invoice history is based on 418 reviews

Charged as per quote

96.65 %

Above quote (kept informed)

3.35 %

Checks carried out by Checkatrade

  • Interviewed by Checkatrade
  • Insurance checked
  • Limited company checked
  • Address checked
  • Checkatrade standard signed
  • 1 accreditation checked
  • ID checked
  • References checked

T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are a family owned roofing company who have been successfully trading since 1960. Their desire to offer a quality roofing service with competitive rates is as strong today as it's always been.

T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists have many satisfied customers in and around the Burnt Oak area.

A little history about Burnt Oak

The name of Burnt Oak was first used in 1754 and from then until the 1850s referred to no more than a field on the eastern side of the Edgware Road. There is little evidence that the name implies anything other than the field had once contained a burnt oak tree. In May 1844 Burnt Oak field was sold, and by the 1860s plans were in place to build three residential streets: North Street, East Street, and South Street. The application of the field name to the area seems to have followed from this new estate and was in use by the end of the 19th century. However, the area was generally known as Red Hill until the opening of Burnt Oak tube station.

Burnt Oak had a handful of shops by the 1890s. There was a post office and grocery, a bakery, as well as a greengrocers store. A tramway along the Edgware Road to Cricklewood opened in 1905, but the population remained small, by 1921 there were still only around 1,000 residents living in Burnt Oak.

Burnt Oak tube station on the Northern line of London Underground was opened on 27 October 1924. It was first open on weekdays with a small booking hall suitable for a rural area. As it was on farmland south east of the community in Edgware Road, London Transport constructed a new road, Watling Avenue. In the same year news leaked out that the London County Council was to build a housing estate, which was ready for its first occupants in April 1927. Because of the large number of residents who had moved from East End slums, and their left wing political tendencies, the estate became known as Little Moscow. With this and other private estates the area was provided with a new station by 1928, and the population by 1931 had grown to 21,545. Along both sides of Watling Avenue shops were built along with a number of schools to serve the area, such as Woodcroft and Goldbeaters.

In 1929 the chain of Tesco was founded in Burnt Oak. The first Tesco shop was not on the site of the present Tesco on Burnt Oak Broadway, but in smaller premises round the corner on Watling Avenue.

In 1930, Dominican nuns established St Roses Convent on Orange Hill Road which led to the foundation of St James Catholic High School in 1934. In 1936 Watling Market opened with a hundred covered shops and stalls, and the Co-op opened its department store at the junction of Stag Lane and Burnt Oak Broadway.

So no matter what sort of roofing work you require, T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are always able to visit your Burnt Oak property to offer a free, no obligation quote.

T. J. Copping Ltd Roofing Specialists are always a phone call away and are happy to offer a thoroughly professional roofing service to their clients. With public liability insurance and a guarantee of a free, no obligation quotation, we really are the roofing company you can trust to get the job done.

Some of the specialist roofing services we carry out:

  • Any new roof work and repair work
  • Domestic and commercial roofing
  • Slating and tiling
  • Flat roofs (single ply membrane and high-performance torch-on felt)
  • Lead work, Bays, valleys, parapets, flashings and box gutters
  • Cement work (verges and chimney stacks)
  • Fascias, soffits and guttering
  • Insurance work
  • Repairs and maintenance such as slipped slates, broken tiles, leaking gutters and overhauls.

Further Information

If you would like to know more or are interested in a quote we would be happy to help. Phone us on 01438 229 655, email us at enquiries@tjcoppingroofing.com or fill in our contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Areas covered:

Freephone: 0800 023 8350

Telephone: 01438 229 655

Mobile: 07961 147 476

Company No.: 10300026

Copyright © 2015 T. J. Copping Ltd